Now that we can breathe a sigh of relief about eating eggs without fear of falling over dead with cholesterol, I present you with my absolute favorite brunch recipe.
Avocado toast and eggs over-easy is the stuff Saturday and Sunday mornings were made for… A satisfying breakfast that tantalizes the taste buds, while giving you just enough of the healthy fats you need, a smorgasbord of protein and nutrients and a little salsa to top it off.
Eggs are and have always been one of my favorite foods. I love the taste and texture, but there are many health reasons to make eggs a regular part of your diet. For starters, this once vilified superfood boosts muscle and sheds pounds. That’s something I can feel good about eating.
To learn of the many benefits you could be missing out on if you’re still buying into the cholesterol myth, check out our handy infographic.
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 slice of your favorite bread
- 1 half of a ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp. of your favorite salsa
- Cotija cheese (or your preference)
- Take one half of a ripe avocado and mash till smooth in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Cook two eggs, over-easy in olive oil. While finishing cooking on the flip side, put your toast in the toaster. When toasted, smear toast with the avocado and place in a plate.
- Put your two eggs on top of the toast and top it off with salsa and cheese.