Hydrogen peroxide is often the go-to disinfectant for moms to use on their kids’ cuts and scrapes. But why do they stop there? Hydrogen peroxide has myriad other uses.
What else can it do? It can:
- Eliminate viruses.
- Remove pesticides from food.
- Kill airborne germs.
- Whiten teeth.
- Eliminate stuffy sinuses.
- Make an antiseptic mouth rinse.
- Eliminate acne.
- Cure boils.
- Soften calluses and corns.
- Remove ear wax.
- Prevent ear infections like swimmer’s ear.
- Eliminate foot fungus.
- Disinfect toothbrushes.
- Remove stains from clothing.
- Disinfect counter tops and cutting boards.
- Eliminate odors.
- Remove and kill mold.
- Eliminate soap scum.
These are just a few of its uses.
It can also shorten the duration of colds and influenza. Just put a few drops of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide in one ear and wait for it to quit bubbling (about five to 10 minutes). Then repeat in the other ear.
You can also use it to disinfect your stored water. Use four or five drops of 35 percent hydrogen peroxide per gallon of water.
Here is a complete list of uses and simple instructions.