Get Easy Health Digest™ in your inbox and don’t miss a thing when you subscribe today. Plus, get the free bonus report, Mother Nature’s Tips, Tricks and Remedies for Cholesterol, Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar as my way of saying welcome to the community!
Somehow National Pizza Day came and went without me even noticing. Who knew? But I’m going to make up for it with this delicious homemade pizza roll recipe.
My kids love frozen pizza rolls as an after school snack. I am not crazy about them for a few reasons. We try to eat as little processed food as possible, and the store-bought ones definitely are — and they tend to be higher in sodium content.
Fortunately, I came across a great, easy recipe to make homemade pizza rolls at Two City Vegans. This recipe is meat free, but if you’d like to chop up some pepperoni to throw in with the ingredients below, I think it would turn out just fine. My kids are the meter by which I judged this recipe — and they absolutely loved it. I have to admit, I did too and enjoyed my fair share. We added a side salad and ended up with a fun meal I felt very good about serving.
- 1 package of premade pizza dough
- ¼ cup sliced or chopped olives
- ⅓ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix together the olives, tomatoes and sauce.
- Roll out dough onto a flat surface like a pizza pan, using flour to prevent it from sticking together, until it’s approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Use a rolling pizza cutter, cut the dough into pieces that are about 2 inches long and 1½ inch wide.
- Place a small amount, maybe a little more than a teaspoon, of the filling in the middle of the pieces and fold it closed, pinching tightly to close the edges.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Use your remaining filling as a dip!