Get Easy Health Digest™ in your inbox and don’t miss a thing when you subscribe today. Plus, get the free bonus report, Mother Nature’s Tips, Tricks and Remedies for Cholesterol, Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar as my way of saying welcome to the community!
My younger son’s resolution for the new year was to eat a banana each day. Over the Christmas holidays, he experienced an incredibly painful leg cramp. His older brother told him a banana a day keeps the cramps away. Hence, the resolution was made.
Bananas are a good source of potassium, which is why they help with cramps. Eating bananas, which contain a good amount of potassium, is one way to help to replace lost potassium. Symptoms of low potassium include muscle cramping, weakness and irregular heartbeat.
My children like bananas just as they are, but who doesn’t like variety? And who am I kidding here — these are now one of my all-time favorite snacks. Come to think of it, I haven’t been woken up during the night with a charley horse cramp since I discovered the recipe. Hope you enjoy this easy and simple treat as much as we have…
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Slice bananas no more than ¼-inch thick. The thinner they are, the crispier they will be.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Brush with a light coat of olive oil.
- Dunk banana slices in lemon juice (to prevent browning) and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 1½ hours, then turn chips over and bake for about another 1 ½ hours. Chips are done when they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the chips from oven and drizzle with honey.