Get Easy Health Digest™ in your inbox and don’t miss a thing when you subscribe today. Plus, get the free bonus report, Mother Nature’s Tips, Tricks and Remedies for Cholesterol, Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar as my way of saying welcome to the community!
So the other day, I was shopping at my favorite grocery store when a package caught my eye. Snapea Crisps was the name of the snack food. They were described as “original green pea crisps” and “baked.” I was intrigued, and I decided to see whether I could find a recipe for baking snap peas. I found a few, and I adapted them to create a healthy snack I can enjoy at the office. Much better than potato chips!
Sugar snap peas are high in fiber content. They are a source of vitamins C, K, B6 and folate, the mineral iron, and beta-carotene–a carotenoid with strong cancer-fighting properties.
- ½ pound sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put all the ingredients in a large zippered bag and shake to coat the sugar snap peas with the oil and spices.
- Dump out the mixture onto a baking sheet and spread the snap peas into a single layer.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until slightly tender.