My love affair with breakfast burritos began when I was a student at Auburn University. There was this restaurant called Tiger Time Diner that was open 24 hours, and it was just down the street from the War Eagle Supper Club. It was a great place to stop for a bite to eat after a night spent dancing and hanging out with friends.
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and I have always been a fan of Mexican food. So it was a given that I’d try Tiger Time’s breakfast burrito. Delicious! To this day, I have not eaten a breakfast burrito anywhere else that held a candle to Tiger Time’s. But I still love breakfast burritos, and here’s one I found that’s actually good for you.
- Sliced ham (medium thickness)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped vegetables (whatever you like on your burrito)
- Olive oil
- In a skillet saute the vegetables in oil until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and pour over the veggies.
- Scramble the mixture until cooked through.
- Spoon the cooked egg mixture into ham slices.
- Roll the ham around the mixture and put the burritos back in the skillet. Cook each side until the ham is slightly brown.
I like to eat these with salsa and sliced avocado.
*Adapted from a recipe on Spoonful of Sugar Free.