I had the good fortune of growing up in Georgia, so I have eaten Vidalia onions all my life. Talk about delicious! If you ask me, nothing compares to a Vidalia onion. But if you prefer, you could substitute red onions in this recipe.
Cucumber, Tomato and Onion Salad
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 Vidalia or red onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 splashes balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Toss the cucumber, tomatoes and onion with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Let the mixture stand for about 20 minutes so that the flavors mingle. Toss again and serve.
Cucumber, Tomato & Onion Salad (4 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 29, Total Fat 0.1 g, Saturated Fat 0.0g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Sodium 2.8 mg, Potassium 108.4 mg, Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g, Dietary Fiber 1.4 g, Sugars 1.5 g, Protein 1.3 g