How would you like to have your cake and eat it too — to your hearts content?
Well, I’ve got the cake for you! You can eat as much as you like and feel 98% guilt-free…
That’s because this cake is made with fresh fruit…
If you’re a Pinterest fan (and who isn’t these days), you’ve probably seen these absolutely beautiful fresh fruit “cakes.” They are perfect for just about any occasion especially during the spring and summer months when fresh fruit is widely available. And you are only limited by your own creativity!
The star of my favorite fresh fruit cake recipe is watermelon. We love watermelon in the south for a couple of reasons: it’s important to eat foods that help us stay hydrated (its gets way hot down here); and it’s just so good.
The vitamin C content in this fresh fruit cake is out of this world. And that’s an extremely good thing. Besides boosting your immune system to keep you cold and virus free, vitamin C is a triple miracle worker and is proven to be a very potent cancer opponent.
If you are a collector of recipes or health tips on Pinterest, be sure to look for our boards and add to yours! Just search for Easy Health Options.
- 1 seedless watermelon
- 1 clementine orange, peeled and segmented
- Kiwis, peeled and sliced
- Pineapple, peeled and chopped
- With the watermelon laid sideways, cut off both ends. Set the watermelon on one of the flat sides and carefully cut away the rest of the rind. The end result should resemble a round cake.
- Arrange remaining fruit however you want around the bottom of the cake and on the top. You can use toothpicks to secure the fruit, especially if you'd like to decorate the sides.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.