As I’ve mentioned before, I love eggs. And one of my favorite ways to eat them is deviled. I also love Mexican food, so I was thrilled to find a recipe that combined two of my favorite things.
This particular recipe from the blog To Live & Diet In L.A. features avocados, which provide key carotenoid antioxidants, including: alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, chrysanthemaxanthin, lutein, neochrome, neoxanthin, violaxanthin and zeaxanthin.
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1½ avocados
- 4 tablespoons of salsa (use more or less, depending on your taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Hard-boil the eggs using this method.
- Peel the eggs and slice the eggs in half longwise. Place the egg whites on a plate or serving dish.
- Put the yolks in a sealable plastic bag with the avocado, salt and pepper. Squeeze out all the excess air and then seal the bag.
- Squish the bag with your fingers to mix all the ingredients. When the yolk mixture is blended and creamy, cut a small triangle from the bottom corner of the bag.
- Use the bag as you would use a pastry bag to squeeze the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Top with salsa and serve.