Get Easy Health Digest™ in your inbox and don’t miss a thing when you subscribe today. Plus, get the free bonus report, Mother Nature’s Tips, Tricks and Remedies for Cholesterol, Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar as my way of saying welcome to the community!
My co-worker shared this Martha Stewart recipe with me, saying: “I make and eat this every week. It is so yummy!” She sold me on it. Cabbage is a favorite at my house, and it just happens to be on sale right now at our local grocery store. I’m planning to make it this weekend.
1 tablespoon plus 2 more tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium head green cabbage cut into 1-inch-thick rounds
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 teaspoon caraway or fennel seeds
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
3. Place medium head green cabbage cut into 1-inch-thick rounds on a single layer on sheet and brush with 2 tablespoons oil.
4. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon caraway or fennel seeds.
5. Roast until cabbage is tender and edges are golden, 40 to 45 minutes.
Roasted Cabbage (6 serving)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 101.6, Total Fat 7.6 g, Saturated Fat 1.1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1.2 g, Monounsaturated Fat 5.1 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Sodium 27.4 mg, Potassium 387.4 mg, Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g, Dietary Fiber 3.9 g, Sugars 0.0 g, Protein 2.4 g