Get Easy Health Digest™ in your inbox and don’t miss a thing when you subscribe today. Plus, get the free bonus report, Mother Nature’s Tips, Tricks and Remedies for Cholesterol, Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar as my way of saying welcome to the community!
Looking for a snack that’s inexpensive, healthy and easy to make? Try this. A co-worker shared with me her recipe for roasted chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans). I found a similar recipe on Allrecipes.com, read through the reviews and came up with this recipe for a crunchy, savory snack that’s high in protein and fiber.
- 1 12-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- seasonings to your taste (salt, pepper, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, curry powder, lemon pepper seasoning, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain chickpeas and pat dry with paper towels.
- Put the chickpeas in a single layer on a baking tray with sides.
- Bake for 30 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, remove the chickpeas from the oven and toss with olive oil and seasonings.
- Bake for another 30 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.