Get Easy Health Digest™ in your inbox and don’t miss a thing when you subscribe today. Plus, get the free bonus report, Mother Nature’s Tips, Tricks and Remedies for Cholesterol, Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar as my way of saying welcome to the community!
If you’re ready to take control of your health and majorly reduce your disease risk in general, then it’s time to start moving toward a Mediterranean diet…
You don’t have to overhaul your diet overnight (unless you want to). You can take simple, gradual steps that will have you eating more Mediterranean with each passing day. Start by:
- Eating more plant-based foods, like veggies, nuts, lentils and beans
- Eating fish and poultry at least twice per week
- Eating less red meat
- Eating healthy fats like olive oil
- Flavoring your foods with herbs and spices
- Replacing refined grains with whole grains
- Eating sweets sparingly
- Enjoying a glass of red wine with dinner
The Mediterranean diet has actually been linked to slower aging. Best of all, the Mediterranean diet is easy to follow…
It’s about whole foods, healthy fats and avoiding overly processed foods. It reminds me of something Dr. Michael Cutler once wrote… “You don’t have to adopt the ‘health craze du jour’ and turn your life into a mess of neurotic, health-obsessed drudgery to get your best health.”
My slow cooker Greek chicken recipe is an easy way to get started.
Slow Cooker Greek Chicken
8 chicken leg quarters
sea salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup white wine
2 lemons, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Pour chicken broth and wine into slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle sea salt and pepper on chicken.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add seasoned chicken to skillet and brown on all sides.
5. Remove browned chicken from skillet and place in crockpot.
6. Add lemon, garlic and oregano to slow cooker.
7. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Slow Cooker Greek Chicken(4 serving)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 359.2, Total Fat 13.7 g, Saturated Fat 3.3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 3.2 g, Monounsaturated Fat 5.9 g, Cholesterol 209.2 mg, Sodium 465.6 mg, Potassium 792.5 mg, Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g, Dietary Fiber 2.7 g, Sugars 0.3 g, Protein 53.4 g