Have you tried making a pizza crust with cauliflower yet? Me either. But I have tried cauliflower rice and really liked it.
Making “rice” out of cauliflower cuts down on calories in an enormous way. Cauliflower rice has 25 calories per cup, whereas a cup of cooked brown rice has 218.
The carb difference is just as mind-boggling… 5 grams for a cup of cauliflower versus 46 grams in a cup of brown rice. That’s a huge deal considering what carbs can do to your weight, your blood sugar and your hormones–including making your hair fall out.
That makes this totally veggie dish too good for you on so many levels…
Cauliflower is an extremely versatile, vitamin-rich superfood that fights cancer (broccoli does too!), boosts heart and brain health, and provides detoxification support. It’s pretty packed nutritionally with vitamin C, B6, magnesium, potassium, and commendable amounts of calcium, iron and protein.
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 small onion
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes
- Grated parmesan
- Dice all vegetables to preferred sizes for stir fry, except for the cauliflower, and set aside.
- Finely chop or grate cauliflower to resemble rice. Melt 1 tbsp. ghee in large skillet and stir fry cauliflower until heated through or about 5 minutes. Salt to taste and set aside.
- Melt remaining ghee in large skillet and stir-fry garlic until golden brown. Then add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add in remaining vegetables and stir-fry for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with pepper and a generous helping of red pepper flakes.
- Serve on top of cauliflower rice and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.