Get Easy Health Digest™ in your inbox and don’t miss a thing when you subscribe today. Plus, get the free bonus report, Mother Nature’s Tips, Tricks and Remedies for Cholesterol, Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar as my way of saying welcome to the community!
If you’ve never been introduced to the benefits of molecular hydrogen, you’re in for an eye-opening (and possibly life-changing) experience…
In the realm of science and medicine, things move rapidly. Small discoveries happen almost daily and huge discoveries can change the course of human health for decades. This was the case within the past fifteen years regarding inflammation.
System-wide damage caused by inflammation had never been understood by mainstream science before and it tore apart many established “written in stone” theories about how our bodies work.
When researchers realized the extent of cellular damage caused by a normal and necessary biological process called oxidation, it answered so many questions (and created countless new ones). A byproduct of oxidation are free radicals (reactive oxygen substances) that result in oxidative stress (an incredible amount of system-wide inflammation).
Oxidation leads to free radicals and free radicals lead to inflammation. By now you know that inflammation leads to disease. It is the root cause behind so many conditions and symptoms that it can be overwhelming to consider.
Not only can inflammation worsen a condition you already have, it can cause disease on its own. Every major epidemic known to affect mankind has an element of inflammation involved — heart disease, cancer, diabetes, obesity, mental illness, dementia, and so much more!
Once oxidation was understood, experts set out to find the opposite and discovered antioxidants. Healthline explains these compounds in easy to understand terms, “Antioxidants are molecules that fight damage by free radicals, unstable molecules that can harm cellular structures. Antioxidants do this by giving electrons to the free radicals and neutralizing them.”
The antioxidant answer
Antioxidants are found most potently in natural, whole foods. That’s why your daily diet being varied (and nutrient-rich) is so important.
Is consuming more natural antioxidants all you need then? Not exactly. While adding more berries, dark chocolate, nuts, seeds, fatty fish, leafy greens, and so on is excellent for your body and long-term health, simply adding them to your diet isn’t all it takes to control inflammation.
Fighting all oxidation isn’t the best health strategy. This simple truth may also explain why much of the research to date on antioxidant foods is inconclusive.
Oxidation: The good and the bad
New scientific research has confirmed that not all free radicals are the same. It’s the same with inflammation…
On one hand, it can tear your body apart at the cellular level when it goes on and on unchecked. On the other hand, your body enlists inflammation to kill bacteria, viruses, parasites, and so much more.
Now, the free radical that causes the most damage biologically is called the hydroxyl radical. It’s formed by equal parts hydrogen and oxygen. While antioxidant consumption stimulates an enzymatic reaction that helps keep hydroxyl under control, this method can’t eliminate it.
There are other free radicals in your body that are part of a signaling defense mechanism called REDOX. This is your body’s internal way of controlling free radicals.
Hydroxyl is not part of the helpful REDOX signaling pathway. In fact, this particular free radical serves no purpose at all other than to damage the tissues inside you day after day. To make matters worse, nothing is immune from a hydroxyl attack.
How do you get rid of the hydroxyl radicals without impacting the REDOX pathway that your body needs to survive? The answer ended up being surprisingly simple.
You use the most common substance in the universe: HYDROGEN.
Molecular hydrogen: The antioxidant you didn’t know you needed
More than 90% of the atoms that exist are made of hydrogen. It represents more than two-thirds of the mass of the human body. It determines our pH and is a fantastic method of getting rid of hydroxyl radicals!
Molecular hydrogen consists of two hydrogen atoms. The benefits of molecular hydrogen are starting to hit the mainstream as a powerful medical treatment.
I’m fascinated by the concept and the possibilities. The tissues in your body rapidly absorb the tiny atom. It’s gentle enough not to negatively impact the REDOX pathways but powerful against specific radicals that are destroying you on the cellular level.
The journal Nature Medicine first published molecular hydrogen results in 2007 and in the years since, more than 300 additional articles have been written in legitimate scientific journals confirming the initial results.
Molecular hydrogen has been proven time and time again to have measurable benefits against almost 40 diseases and disorders that plague the human condition.
Best news of all… patients utilizing the benefits of molecular hydrogen have reported no negative side effects. A powerful vacuum of dangerous free radicals that doesn’t harm the healthy cells inside you or interrupt the free radicals you need in the REDOX pathway?
The chain reaction of molecular hydrogen on the human body
- Fights oxidative stress specifically caused by hydroxyl radicals
- Ramps up metabolism
- Body-wide reduction of inflammation
- Improve glucose metabolism (excellent for diabetics!)
- Boosts the basic functions of the heart (coronary perfusion)
- Energizes the immune system for better healing
- Helps heal tissue ravaged by chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Regulates gene expression
- Supports production of ATP (the energy source of your mitochondria)
- Stimulates your body’s antioxidant mechanisms
Though there have been no human studies yet, the effect of molecular hydrogen on lab rats with Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s has been promising. I can’t wait to see more in this area in the coming years! Neurodegenerative diseases are a growing epidemic and it would be wonderful to see real progress made in treating them within my lifetime.
How to use molecular hydrogen
There are several methods of consuming molecular hydrogen…
- Inhaling the gas
- Drinking hydrogen-infused water
- Soaking in a hydrogen infused bath
- Injecting hydrogen saline into the veins
- Stimulating bacteria growth in the intestinal tract that produce hydrogen
- Using hydrogen drops in the eyes.
I’ve been fortunate enough to meet the incredible scientists who started who harnessed the power of molecular hydrogen. They specialize in the science of water and have manufactured what I consider is the most simple and effective delivery system of molecular hydrogen benefits on the market.
It’s so easy and simple, just take one hydrogen tablet, you drop into a bottle of water, seal until it dissolves, and drink the water. That’s it. That’s all you have to do. Once a day is enough to duplicate the incredible results achieved in other hydrogen therapies.
Yes, it’s that easy! Simply drink one bottle of hydrogen-infused water each day to get the powerful and scientifically proven benefits of molecular hydrogen!
The best part is that your body is already made of two-thirds hydrogen. It’s a natural substance that your body recognizes and understands. There have been zero side effects reported by those who take it or the scientists who study it. It processes it instantly, flooding your system with a safe – biologically compatible – dose of energy and hydroxyl radical fighters.
Molecular hydrogen is a simple, natural, and effective antioxidant you need in your life.
- News Medical: What is Oxidative Stress?
- NCBI: What is Oxidative Stress?
- Healthline: Antioxidants Explained in Human Terms
- Scientific Reports: Volume 7, Article number: 9625 (2017) doi:10.1038/s41598-017-10362-6
- Nature: Hydrogen acts as a therapeutic antioxidant by selectively reducing cytotoxic oxygen radicals
- NCBI: Molecular hydrogen improves obesity and diabetes by inducing hepatic FGF21 and stimulating energy metabolism in db/db mice.
- NCBI: Consumption of water containing a high concentration of molecular hydrogen reduces oxidative stress and disease activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: an open-label pilot study.
- NCBI: Hydrogen water intake via tube-feeding for patients with pressure ulcer and its reconstructive effects on normal human skin cells in vitro.
- NCBI: Effects of drinking hydrogen-rich water on the quality of life of patients treated with radiotherapy for liver tumors.
- NCBI: Hepatic oxidoreduction-related genes are upregulated by administration of hydrogen-saturated drinking water.
- NCBI: Open-label trial and randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover trial of hydrogen-enriched water for mitochondrial and inflammatory myopathies.
- NCBI: Hydrogen acts as a therapeutic antioxidant by selectively reducing cytotoxic oxygen radicals.
- NCBI: Drinking hydrogen water and intermittent hydrogen gas exposure, but not lactulose or continuous hydrogen gas exposure, prevent 6-hydorxydopamine-induced Parkinson’s disease in rats