Get Easy Health Digest™ in your inbox and don’t miss a thing when you subscribe today. Plus, get the free bonus report, Mother Nature’s Tips, Tricks and Remedies for Cholesterol, Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar as my way of saying welcome to the community!
There is a disease that copycats the “normal” effects of aging. It strikes women seven times more frequently than men.
It’s a hidden epidemic.
Yet if you’re a woman and you go to your doctor and tell them you have fatigue, brain fog, weight gain, loss of libido, or unexplained hair loss, more often than not they’re going to tell you it’s normal, you’re getting older, just accept it.
Heck, they’re probably going to tell you you’re “depressed” and give you Wellbutrin, Lexapro, Paxil, Effexor or Zoloft. That’s just the modern form of telling a woman she’s “hysterical” as far as I’m concerned.
But this epidemic of hypothyroidism does have one major thing in common with aging — diminished or faulty hormone production. So doctors often miss the diagnosis.
When someone is officially diagnosed with the disease, the medical establishment goes right to the medicine cabinet and prescribes synthetic hormones. Now you have to take these for the rest of your life because these artificial hormones cause the body to stop producing its own thyroid hormones permanently. And did you know these drugs also, little by little, kill off your thyroid tissue? They destroy your thyroid gland permanently.
Fortunately, there’s an alternative treatment. In hypothyroidism cases, the thyroid gland is simply being suppressed, meaning the effects are still reversible.
Here are several natural ways to reverse hypothyroidism.
- Increase iodine consumption — The thyroid needs iodine to function properly.
- Eliminate and discard all non-stick cookware
- Eliminate soy — Soy suppresses thyroid functions by disrupting iodine usage. It has been shown to cause goiters in previously healthy individuals.
- Adhere to an alkaline diet — This is extremely helpful when curing any chronic disease.
- Balance estrogen levels — Excess estrogen slows down the thyroid gland. Eliminate birth control medications, increase fiber in your diet, avoid all non-organic meats and reduce dairy intake.
- Avoid all sources of fluoride — Fluoride suppresses the thyroid and is likely the leading cause of hypothyroidism. Drink spring water, avoid soft drinks, use fluoride-free toothpaste and use a shower filter.
- Zinc and selenium — Studies indicate that severe zinc or selenium deficiencies can cause decreased thyroid hormone levels.
- Coconut oil — Coconut oil encourages the production of the thyroid hormone. Buy organic, cold-pressed coconut oil from a health food store.
- Avoid canola oil — Canola oil interferes with the production of thyroid hormones.
Editor’s note: Did you know that when you take your body from acid to alkaline you can boost your energy, lose weight, soothe digestion, avoid illness and achieve wellness? Click here to discover The Alkaline Secret to Ultimate Vitality and revive your life today!