Get Easy Health Digest™ in your inbox and don’t miss a thing when you subscribe today. Plus, get the free bonus report, Mother Nature’s Tips, Tricks and Remedies for Cholesterol, Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar as my way of saying welcome to the community!
#1 Collagen-boosting foods
The old saying “beauty begins on the inside” – like most old sayings – is grounded in some truths.
there are certain foods that are reported to stimulate collagen production and incorporating some of them into your diet could be pretty simple. Besides, the payoff — firmer younger-looking skin — could be all the motivation you need!
- Red vegetables like tomatoes, peppers and beets contain the antioxidant lycopene which acts as a natural sunblock and increases collagen production.
- Dark leafy green vegetables like kale and spinach, are rich in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that protects collagen.
- Orange vegetables like carrots and sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A, which restores and regenerates damaged collagen.
- Citrus fruits are high in amino acids lysine and proline which convert to collagen.
- Garlic is sulfur food and is necessary for the production of collagen. It also contains lipoic acid and taurine that help rebuild collagen.
- White tea has been found to protect skin proteins, specifically collagen.