It’s bowl season, which means I get to spend lots of time with my boys watching football. It also means I’ll be making fella-friendly foods that they can munch on while they watch. (I don’t tend to indulge.) But what it doesn’t necessarily mean is that I’ll be spending lots of time cooking.
Salami is not a part of our diet, typically. We tend to avoid processed meats. But sometimes we indulge. The good thing about salami is it’s a good source of B vitamins: B12, B3 and riboflavin (B2). B vitamins help the body metabolize energy from the foods you eat.
This recipe is so simple, and the boys like it so much, that I serve it as a special treat this time of year.
- 2 packages thin salami slices
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 2 jelly roll pans with aluminum foil.
- Place salami slices on the pans. Do not overlap the slices.
- Bake until browned, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and blot with paper towels to soak up the oils.
- Let the salami chips cool, and then serve with your favorite dip.