Get Easy Health Digest™ in your inbox and don’t miss a thing when you subscribe today. Plus, get the free bonus report, Mother Nature’s Tips, Tricks and Remedies for Cholesterol, Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar as my way of saying welcome to the community!
Chlorella: Mother Nature’s superfood miracle
There are not many health products out there worth celebrating. They are mostly hype.
While some work, they often are not as workable or useful as we hope or are led to believe.
But Mother Nature sure does have a way with her “products.” One such tiny superfood is so amazing it’s worth celebrating… and taking every day.
Tiny Green Algae
Chlorella consists of tiny green algae that grow in the freshwater ponds and lakes of Japan, Southeast Asia and Australia and in other areas.
First discovered in 1890 by a Dutch microbiologist, this unicellular alga packs a powerful punch.
It’s so powerful that scientists tried to package it as a meal for post-World War II famines and NASA space missions.
Tiny Organism, Huge Nutrition
While only 3 to 8 micrometers in diameter, chlorella is among the most nutritionally dense foods in existence.
It contains a relatively enormous amount of protein when compared with spinach (two times as much), soybeans (38 times as much) and rice (55 times as much).
Not to mention, it’s chock-full of essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals.
It is packed with magnesium, which the body needs for thousands of different functions.
It helps stimulate probiotic growth in the gut and also binds with toxins (including the pesticides and fungicides that linger on our foods) and heavy metals (from the mercury in silver fillings), moving them out of the body and keeping them from recirculating in the bloodstream.
Algae could be considered Mother Nature’s medical miracle. Not only does it naturally contain and support the most beneficial things humans need to thrive, but many of its natural components help reduce the negative effects of a modern lifestyle. That is, its nutrition helps protect against diseases like diabetes, heart disease, cancer, obesity and syndrome X (metabolic syndrome).
Our modern diet today is atrocious. Fast food, packaged and preserved food, genetically modified food, pesticides and depleted soil leaves the average person with health issues that are the direct result of a calorie-dense and nutritionally deficient diet. Even when we try to eat healthily, the food is often laced with herbicides and packaged with unhealthy ingredients.
By adding chlorella to your daily intake, you can help supercharge your health while reducing the effects of our poor modern diet and lifestyle. Here’s what Mother Nature’s little green product does:
- Helps reduce body fat, blood glucose and blood serum cholesterol levels.
- Helps counter type 2 diabetes, obesity and heart disease.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Improves irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), helps prevent constipation and aids digestion.
- Acts as a natural antidepressant and stress reducer.
- Helps with symptoms of fibromyalgia, ulcerative colitis and hypertension.
- Is the ultimate superfood for detoxing
Here are the reasons why chlorella is a superfood and Mother Nature’s best health product:
- Abundant in vitamins, including A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E.
- Packed with minerals, including magnesium, potassium, iron and calcium.
- Contains amino acids to help rebuild lean body tissue and replenish neurotransmitters.
- Rich in chlorophyll to improve immunity, promote alkalinity and reduce inflammation.
- Detoxifies; binds to toxins and heavy metals in the intestines and removes them from the body.
- Promotes healthy probiotics in the gut to diminish candida or yeast overgrowth and aid digestion.
- Contains powerful carotenoids to help boost immunity and fight cancer and heart disease.
How To Take Chlorella
The best way is to make sure it is an ingredient in a greens powder with additional green superfood powders. I enjoy it in with flax milk for a nutrient-dense, detoxifying and satisfying breakfast, but it mixes well with water, regular milk, oat or almond milk or even juice and is a must-have ingredient in any smoothie recipe.
If you purchase chlorella, make sure the label indicates it has broken cell walls, thus making it more bioavailable. You can also purchase it in capsules.
Whether you are seriously ill, suffering some of the modern-lifestyle diseases or an athlete looking to perform and feel better, chlorella is what you need. I take it daily (sometimes two to three times daily), and I feel marked improvement overall. Do yourself a favor and give it a try, too.
Editor’s note: Did you know that when you take your body from acid to alkaline you can boost your energy, lose weight, soothe digestion, avoid illness and achieve wellness? Click here to discover The Alkaline Secret to Ultimate Vitality and revive your life today!