Get Easy Health Digest™ in your inbox and don’t miss a thing when you subscribe today. Plus, get the free bonus report, Mother Nature’s Tips, Tricks and Remedies for Cholesterol, Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar as my way of saying welcome to the community!
Electromagnetic fields (EMFs) are all around us.
And with the advent of electronic and smart devices, the sources emitting EMFs have become so plentiful that we’re living in “electro smog.”
That’s a real health problem — because the effects of this smog are breaking down the very structure of our cells, causing preventable pain, disease and death.
What is electro smog?
EMFs are basically invisible lines of force that emanate from any electrical or electronic device.
And we are immersed in a sea of them… power lines, cell phones and towers, electrical appliances, microwaves, computers, high-definition televisions, fluorescent lighting, Bluetooth devices, wifi installations and more than 2,000 satellites for GPS and TV and radio communications.
According to the internationally acclaimed Bioinitiative Report, we live in an invisible fog of EMFs.
Medical epidemiologist Samuel Milham warns, “New research is suggesting that nearly all of the human plagues which emerged in the 20th century, including leukemia in children, female breast cancer, malignant melanomas, immune system disorders, asthma and others, can be tied in some way to our use of electricity.”
How EMF affects the body
Human cells react negatively to low level EMFs which leads to a biochemical stress response causing disease over time. In 2008 the European Parliament concluded, “The limits on exposure to electromagnetic fields which have been set for the general public are obsolete.”
As it turns out, extremely weak electromagnetic signals, some 1,000 times smaller than previously estimated, can have serious physiological consequences.
Prolonged exposure to EMFs over two milligauss, has the following effects:
- Interferes with the body’s intracellular communications and cell membrane function.
- Reduces hemoglobin surface area and interferes with blood’s ability to carry oxygen and nutrients into our cells and take the waste products out.
- Activates proto-oncogenes (which can cause cancer).
- Increases permeability of the blood-brain barrier and affects intra-cerebral pressure, which can bring on Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, autism, multiple sclerosis and other neurodegenerative disorders.
- Causes DNA breaks and chromosome aberrations.
- Increases free radical production.
- Causes cell stress and premature aging.
- Causes changes in brain function, including memory loss, learning impairment, headaches and fatigue.
- Reduces melatonin secretion. Melatonin is responsible for sleep patterns and helps protect the body against cancer, among other things.
- Causes many microorganisms living in the human body to generate increased levels of their own toxins, affecting people’s health in a myriad of ways.
The negative effects are so obvious that even a simple science experiment carried out by ninth-graders, found that even plants don’t grow near Wi-Fi. Check out the experiment and its results here.
4 simple solutions to reduce EMF overload
While we can’t completely escape EMF exposure we can do things to decrease our daily exposure and reverse some of the cellular damage done by electro-smog overload. To get started…
- Don’t surround yourself with electronics. Keep your cell phones, tablets, CPU towers and laptops a distance from you. Bluetooth headsets, keyboards, mouses, and speakers also emit EMF, so thinking this will help keep you “away” from electro smog is a mistake. I use a laptop to work on, but attach via USB cord a mouse and external keyboard to keep further away from the EMFs. If you use a desktop, use a flat screen monitor. Go back to wired devices when at all possible.
- Reduce your home EMF environment. Turn off your wifi at night — you’ll be a sleep and won’t miss it. Unplug appliances when not in use. This includes everything from toaster oven to hair dryers and lamps. Keep cell phones and heating pads and Bluetooth away from your bed, and even out of the bedroom, to avoid being bombarded while you sleep. Use a battery-powered alarm clock instead. You should also swap out those fluorescent and halogen bulbs for incandescent bulbs, if possible. If not, opt for high-efficiency LED instead. Avoid cordless phones. A little inconvenience goes a long way to protect your cells!
- Consume a high ORAC diet. These nutrient-dense foods contain the highest level free-radical fighters to protect and repair your cells. High ORAC food include goji berries, dark chocolate, pecans, cloves, cinnamon and oregano. For more on stopping a free-radical attack, click here.
- Get grounded. A great way to neutralize the EMF radiation in your body is to become grounded. This can be done with a grounding mat or by a method called “earthing” (walking barefoot on the earth). When we walk barefoot, free negative electrons from the Earth are transferred back to us, reducing and canceling out harmful electric fields from out body. You can read more about being barefoot and healthy by “earthing,” here.