Get Easy Health Digest™ in your inbox and don’t miss a thing when you subscribe today. Plus, get the free bonus report, Mother Nature’s Tips, Tricks and Remedies for Cholesterol, Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar as my way of saying welcome to the community!
Can you imagine walking around being so constipated that weeks, maybe even months, of waste builds up in your colon?
The thought of it reminds me of that story from China where doctors removed a man’s gut because he had 28 pounds worth of waste, jammed in his colon.
The patient was not only in severe pain, his bowels were so swollen he looked nine months pregnant!
The man suffered from Hirschsprung’s disease, which causes your intestines to swell because the nerves that are supposed to control your gut are missing.
And, while this is an extreme form of constipation, there are many other causes that put you at risk in your day-to-day life.
In fact, 63 million people in the U.S. suffer from chronic constipation, resulting in four million doctor visits, over one million hospitalizations and over five million prescriptions written each year.
If you live with constipation, you already know the pain, bloating and straining that result when you’re unable to have a bowel movement.
What you may not know is that, as with that patient from China, constipation is a real danger to your health.
When fecal matter builds up, stretching your colon, you can end up with tears in the skin of your anus… tears that are prone to infection.
Even worse, when you can’t poop for long periods of time, the result can be fecal impaction — where a large, hard mass of stool gets stuck so badly in your colon or rectum that you can’t push it out.
This problem is so severe that it can cause grave illness or even death if it’s not treated.
Common causes of constipation
And, there are a whole host of problems that could be behind your chronic constipation.
- Lack of physical activity – When you don’t move, neither does your poop.
- Not drinking enough water – Without enough water in your colon, your poop becomes hard and extremely difficult to pass.
- A low-fiber diet – Your body needs fiber to sweep the poop out of your colon.
- Hormone problems – Diabetes, low thyroid and any other health problems that affect your hormones can leave you constipated and in pain.
- Weak pelvic muscles – If your muscles are weak, you may not have the strength you need to push the poop from your colon.
- Nerve problems – Neurological conditions like Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s, stroke and more can block the signals to the nerves in your colon, leaving you unable to poop.
- Medications – The list of pain medicines that can cause constipation is as long as your arm and include painkillers, anti-depressants, prescriptions for high blood pressure, allergy medications, calcium supplements and many, many more.
And, these are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to things that can cause you to become constipated.
So, the question now is what can you do to poop again and finally feel better?
The dangers of laxatives
Many people who suffer from chronic constipation turn to laxatives for relief.
But, these can cause more harm than good.
In fact, laxative use can give you everything from stomach pain to severe dehydration, electrolyte and mineral imbalances, internal organ damage, and even an increased risk of colon cancer.
And, to top it off, they can actually cause chronic constipation themselves, the thing you’re using them to help.
That’s because when you rely on laxatives to help you poop, the muscles in your colon become weak and your body becomes dependent on them. Then your body can no longer poop without that assistance.
7 supplements that’ll help you poop again
The best way to overcome chronic constipation is to provide safe, natural colon support with ingredients that work with the body’s natural processes so dependency does not become a concern.
And, there are seven supplements proven to do just that…
- Ancient aloe – This cactus-like plant helps to naturally stimulate the bowel and soften stool for easier elimination.
- Inulin – This natural prebiotic found in chicory root helps support the natural production of beneficial bacteria in the colon by providing the intestinal fertilizer needed for healthy gut flora. Inulin is also a natural appetite suppressant that fights fat and diabetes.
- Potassium – This critical mineral helps keep stool hydrated and moist promoting a healthy transit time from digestive tract to toilet.
- Cascara sagrada – Used by Native Americans for centuries to help promote bowel contractions and the urge to “go” for normal healthy bowel movements.
- Senna leaf – This natural colon-balancing herb helps promote normal bowel health and healthy stool consistency for regular, gentle bowel movements.
- Slippery Elm – This herb is a natural anti-inflammatory that helps regulate anal tissue swelling.
- Black Walnut hulls – This ancient remedy contains juglone, tannins and natural iodine – which work together to help eliminate harmful organisms from the digestive tract helping to support healthy digestion and regularity.
You can try these supplements individually or even better; look for a supplement that contains all seven to achieve regular relief.
Don’t let your chronic constipation cause you even one more minute of straining and suffering. Support your colon the natural way and get back on the pot again.
Editor’s note: Did you know that when you take your body from acid to alkaline you can boost your energy, lose weight, soothe digestion, avoid illness and achieve wellness? Click here to discover The Alkaline Secret to Ultimate Vitality and revive your life today!
- Doctors remove 28 POUNDS of feces from man, 22, who was constipated since birth due to rare bowel condition — Daily Mail
- Digestive Diseases Statistics for the United States — The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Constipation: Symptoms and causes — Mayo Clinic