Get Easy Health Digest™ in your inbox and don’t miss a thing when you subscribe today. Plus, get the free bonus report, Mother Nature’s Tips, Tricks and Remedies for Cholesterol, Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar as my way of saying welcome to the community!
If you don’t live in Michigan, you may have never given a second thought to the town of Flint before it made the news with reports of lead levels in its water and children’s bloodstreams reaching dangerous levels.
But maybe you live near Savannah, Georgia… Killington, Vermont… Brooklyn, New York…
Or one of the other 3,810 towns across these United States with lead levels as much as four times higher than what they found in Flint.
Why aren’t all those towns making the news following this explosive data gathered by state health departments and the Centers for Disease Control?
Considering how slow the government is moving to help the people of Flint, does it matter? But if you want to save yourself from the toxins dripping from your own faucet, listen up…
How lead harms the body
The neurological damage that lead poisoning causes in children is well-known. This is why lead-based paints are no longer sold.
But lead is toxic to adult brains and nerves as well. And, according to an article in the Archives of Internal Medicine, even a slightly increased lead level raises your chance of death by 46 percent.
Even in small amounts, lead in the blood has been linked to a range of symptoms in adults, including: cognitive decline, kidney disease, anemia, and hypertension.
So don’t you think its times to get the lead out?
According to the Environmental working group there are water filters specifically designed to remove lead. Your best bet would be a carbon-based faucet-mount filter. Look for one that removes 99 percent of lead from your tap water.
But what about the years of toxic lead and other contaminants that have been building up in your body?
Fortunately, there is a natural, safe, and highly effective treatment that removes lead from your blood. If you live in one of those areas where drinking water has a high lead content, you’ll want to know about this natural detoxifying process.
What is Chelation?
Chelation therapy is a treatment that removes lead and other heavy metals from the blood using a synthetic amino acid known as EDTA (ethylene diamine tetra-acetic acid).
EDTA is a chelating agent that binds to heavy metals and helps flush them from your body, specifically by excreting them in urine. It’s harmless and you’re likely consuming it as a food preserver in many things you eat regularly.
In a clinical setting, EDTA is administered intravenously during chelation therapy, but is also available in supplement form (calcium disodium).
A University of Michigan study that measured the excretion of heavy metals in fourteen patients after just one dose of oral calcium disodium EDTA, showed lead excretion increased by 350%.
But lead isn’t the only thing it can help remove from your body…
Results showed a significant excretion of all six of the toxic heavy metals that we most commonly encounter: Aluminum excretion increased by 229%; Arsenic by 661%; Cadmium by 276%; Lead by 350%; Mercury by 773%; and Nickel by 9,439%.
Surprisingly, EDTA chelation therapy is approved by the FDA for the purpose of removing lead. But finding a doctor you trust who will talk with you about EDTA chelation therapy’s other use can be challenging: EDTA has been found to improve blood flow and have a positive effect on atherosclerosis. That’s a whole other story and the heart therapy most doctors won’t discuss.
In the meantime, you can find EDTA supplements online. Just follow manufacturer’s guidelines.
There are a few other nutritional supplements you can take to help chelate lead from your body including…
- Curcumin, in doses from 500 to 100 mg per day can remove heavy metals and prevent tissue damage. It is also works to prevent hardening of the arteries.
- Cilantro supports the body’s natural detoxification processes. Compounds in cilantro leaf bind to toxic metals and loosen them from tissues in the body. You can eat raw cilantro leaves, or take it in supplement form.
- Food grade activated charcoal is derived from the burning of pure, organic substances. It is generally taken as a powder mixed in water, or in capsule form. The charcoal attracts toxin molecules so the body can eliminate them naturally.
- Chlorella is a fresh-water algae. While not a natural chelator, it does support the boy’s natural abilities to eliminate heavy metals.
Editor’s note: Have you heard of EDTA chelation therapy? It was developed originally to remove lead and other contaminants, including heavy metals, from the body. Its uses now run the gamut from varicose veins to circulation. Click here to discover Chelation: Natural Miracle for Protecting Your Heart and Enhancing Your Health!
- Oral Chelation With EDTA — Easy Health Options
- The heart therapy your doctor won’t discuss — Easy Health Options
- EDTA Chelation Therapy: Key To Heart Health — Easy Health Options
- The heavy metal-heart therapy connection — Easy Health Options
- Groundbreaking Federal Study Proves Chelation Therapy Helps Cardiac Patients — Health Impact News
- Is Chelation the Next Natural Therapy to be Banned in the U.S.? — Health Impact News
- Post-myocardial Infarction Treatment With Edetate Disodium was Safe in the Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy — Circulation
- Chelation for Coronary Heart Disease — National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH)
- Questions and Answers: The NIH Trials of EDTA Chelation Therapy for Coronary Heart Disease — National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH)
- Reuters finds 3,810 U.S. areas with lead poisoning double Flint’s — Reuters
- Metal pollutants and cardiovascular disease: Mechanisms and consequences of exposure — American Heart Journal
- Oxidative mechanisms in the toxicity of metal ions — Free Radical Biology and Medicine
- Heavy Metals and Heart Attacks — Rogue Health and Fitness
- How to Fight Lead Exposure with Nutrition — Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- What Are Possible Health Effects from Lead Exposure? — Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- The Health Benefits of Cilantro — Global Healing Center
- An Excellent, Inexpensive Multi-Purpose Detox Agent You Probably Don’t Know About — Natural Society
- Best Foods for Chelating Heavy Metals — Real Food Rebel