Get Easy Health Digest™ in your inbox and don’t miss a thing when you subscribe today. Plus, get the free bonus report, Mother Nature’s Tips, Tricks and Remedies for Cholesterol, Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar as my way of saying welcome to the community!
Everyone’s nerve pain is unique but what everyone who’s ever lived with nerve pain has in common is that it can’t go away fast enough.
I had the unfortunate experience to learn that the hard way this past year. You see, I tore my shoulder and had to have surgery…
While the operation went well and everything seemed to be healing on target, I lived with daily pain that would just not stop. It kept me awake at night, irritated me all day and kept me from doing pretty much everything I was used to doing.
I had the doctors stumped. On the surface, everything should be fine. But, underneath, my nerves were a mess of inflammation and irritation that sent a constant signal of pain to my brain.
And, if you’ve ever lived with the pain of sciatica, nerve pain from diabetes or surgery or even shingles, you understand the feeling.
Fortunately, there are natural things you can do to help heal your nerve pain naturally…
#1 – The cold water plunge
According to a new study, reported in the BMJ, a short, sharp, cold water swim may offer an alternative to strong painkillers and physiotherapy to relieve severe persistent pain after surgery.
The study found that a patient who was suffering constant nerve pain for a period of 10 weeks following a thoracic surgery was able to completely reverse his symptoms through the power of cold water.
In fact, after just one swim the patient felt no pain, nor has he felt any since. His quality of life was fully restored and he was even able to resume his usual sporting activities without taking any painkillers.
According to the scientists, this works in two ways:
First, the cold water immersion can alter pain perception, offering instant relief.
And second, the pain relief you feel in the water allows you to move freely, breaking that cycle of pain and inflammation that has been keeping you locked down.
#2 – The anti-inflammatory diet
Nerve pain and inflammation go hand-in-hand. Make the switch immediately to an anti-inflammatory diet with a focus on whole foods to stop the inflammation cycle and get rid of the pain.
Foods to avoid include:
- Processed foods
- Foods high in sugar
- Fast foods
- White foods (bread, potatoes, rice)
Foods to eat include:
- Grass-fed beef
- Whole grains
- Fresh fruits and veggies
- Good fats – like avocados and olive oil
#3 – Supplements
There are a few supplements that I highly recommend for nerve pain.
- The first is ginger. In fact, one study showed that ginger is more effective than pain killers at relieving symptoms.
- The second is turmeric. That’s because this golden spice is a powerful anti-inflammatory to help you feel better fast.
- Third and most important are omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oils. Not only do they greatly help control inflammation, but they can also prevent nerve damage and help them regenerate according to a recent study. Researchers found that “a high level of omega-3 fatty acids helped mice to recover from sciatic nerve injury more quickly and more fully, and that their muscles were less likely to waste following nerve damage.”
Chronic nerve pain can control your life if you let it. Use the tips above to heal your nerve pain naturally and break the cycle of pain for good.
Editor’s note: Did you know that when you take your body from acid to alkaline you can boost your energy, lose weight, soothe digestion, avoid illness and achieve wellness? Click here to discover The Alkaline Secret to Ultimate Vitality and revive your life today!
- Cold open water plunge provides instant pain relief, case reports suggest — BMJ
- A synoviocyte model for osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis: response to Ibuprofen, betamethasone, and ginger extract-a cross-sectional in vitro study — Arthritis
- Omega-3 fatty acids could prevent and treat nerve damage, research suggests — Queen Mary, University of London