Get Easy Health Digest™ in your inbox and don’t miss a thing when you subscribe today. Plus, get the free bonus report, Mother Nature’s Tips, Tricks and Remedies for Cholesterol, Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar as my way of saying welcome to the community!
I just got back from my weekly water run. Sound strange? What I mean is that I just picked up my family’s alkaline water for the week.
You see, for the past six months, my entire family, kids included, drink nothing but water that’s pH has been raised to above 9.
Why? According to a review of 53 scientific studies, alkalizing your diet can help you live longer and healthier.
In fact, it can even help you fight chronic health conditions, like high blood pressure, arthritis and diabetes to name a few. It’s been shown to reduce chronic pain and cause the death of cancer cells.
Yep, you read that right — scientific studies have proven that alkalizing your body can cause cancer cells to die.
And guess what…
The proof is so overwhelming that even my medical doctor has gotten into the game — recommending alkalized water and diets to her patients!
So, what is an alkaline diet?
An alkaline diet is one that raises the pH of your body, taking it away from the acidic realm.
While a neutral pH is generally considered to be about 7, the optimal pH for your body is usually approximately 7.4.
If you want to know your exact pH level, you can purchase a pH testing kit that will test the acidity/alkalinity of your urine or saliva. They’re simple to use and you have the answer to how your body is doing in just seconds by comparing the colors on your strip with the chart in your kit.
If you’re checking your urine, you want to do it when you go to the bathroom for the second time in the morning.
Here are the most important tips for shifting to an alkaline diet:
- Buy organic — The type of soil your fruits and vegetables are grown in can significantly impact their nutritional content. This makes it vital to buy organic. Healthy, organically sustained soil produces healthy crops.
- Eat plenty of fruits and veggies — As long as you’re following the buy organic rule, eating plenty of fruits and veggies can help you keep your body alkalized. Top picks include spinach, beets, mushrooms, grapefruit, cucumber, broccoli, garlic, green beans and ginger.
- Eat raw — Instead of cooking those veggies, try eating a good portion of them in their raw state. Cooking can reduce the level of alkaline minerals.
- Drink alkaline water — You can buy it at your local health store or buy an alkaline water pitcher or filter to have in your own home.
- Eat beans — Beans, such as navy and lima beans, provide quality plant proteins that help your body reach its optimal alkaline state.
- Drink your greens — If drinking alkaline water sounded strange, this may be harder for you but stick with me. Blend up a kale, strawberry smoothie for breakfast or wheatgrass, mango mixer for a mid-afternoon snack and your body’s pH will rise.
Related: What strawberries do for your body
What to avoid
Just like there are things that put your body into an alkaline state, there are things that make it acidic as well. Things that should be avoided include:
- Processed meats
- Dairy products
- Bread, pasta, rice and cereals
An alkaline diet is all about a healthy balance and may be the single most important tool you have to enhance your health and live a longer life. It could help you avoid heart disease, diabetes and even cancer and get you out of pain. With so many benefits, the time to start shifting your body to an alkaline pH is now.
Editor’s note: Did you know that when you take your body from acid to alkaline you can boost your energy, lose weight, soothe digestion, avoid illness and achieve wellness? Click here to discover The Alkaline Secret to Ultimate Vitality and revive your life today!
- The Alkaline Diet: Is There Evidence That an Alkaline pH Diet Benefits Health? — Journal of Environmental and Public Health
- Tumour pH and response to chemotherapy: an in vivo 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopy study in non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma — The British Journal of Radiology
- Supplementation with alkaline minerals reduces symptoms in patients with chronic low back pain — Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology