Get Easy Health Digest™ in your inbox and don’t miss a thing when you subscribe today. Plus, get the free bonus report, Mother Nature’s Tips, Tricks and Remedies for Cholesterol, Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar as my way of saying welcome to the community!
Cancer. Diabetes. Alzheimer’s disease. Respiratory illnesses.
But there’s one disease that, for nearly a century, has been responsible for more deaths than any of these…
Heart disease — including heart attacks, stroke, and congestive heart failure — kills about 695,000 people each year. That’s 1 in every 5 deaths in the United States.
It’s no wonder there are ten or more types of drugs that treat hypertension, relax blood vessels, prevent clotting, and generally try to head off a deadly heart attack or stroke.
Of course, nutrition plays a big part in preventing heart disease. And there’s one food that’s been used for healing since Biblical times…
The ancient Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Chinese, Japanese and Indians used it to heal wounds, increase stamina and settle the stomach.
Today, more than 900 studies are confirming the health benefits of this pungent plant that’s hard to define…
Garlic: The flavor savored around the world
Cuisines all around the world use garlic as a mainstay of their cooking. Its powerful, pungent flavor and aroma can take almost any dish from dull to delicious.
But it’s garlic’s health properties that are truly amazing. Most recently, research has confirmed its ability to kill the antibiotic-resistant “superbugs” that cause 23,000 deaths each year.
Numerous studies have shown that garlic can relax arteries, prevent clotting, improve circulation and lower cholesterol. But there’s one problem.
Allium, the active ingredient in a garlic clove, is not easily broken down by the human digestive system. But aged garlic is much more available for our bodies to use for healing.
Aged garlic can slash heart disease risk
Aged garlic extract (AGE), also called kyolic, is just what it sounds like — garlic cloves that have been aged until they have lost their strong, pungent flavor.
More importantly, though, the long-term aging of garlic cloves in diluted alcohol results in a unique sulfur-based compound known as S-allyl cysteine, more readily absorbed by the human body, and a powerful antioxidant that helps prevent inflammation.
Taking aged garlic in capsule form can be far more effective than simply chewing on garlic cloves. And less difficult to swallow, too!
Just look at the ways AGE can guard against heart disease by helping to:
- Promote artery health. In a study conducted by researchers at the Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute, 65 firefighters received either a placebo or aged garlic extract plus coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10). After one year of quarterly checkups, despite the high stress levels of a firefighter’s life, those who took the supplements showed an average decrease in vascular stiffness, as well as significantly improved endothelial function. The endothelium is the lining of the blood vessels and heart. Its function is to filter out toxins, support the immune system and maintain the overall health of blood vessels.
- Avoid plaque buildup. When subjects ages 40 to 75 who had metabolic syndrome took 2400mg of aged garlic extract daily for a year, they had a slower accumulation of arterial plaque than a placebo group. More importantly, though, the AGE group had a slower buildup of the soft plaque that easily breaks off and clogs arteries.
- Control blood pressure. It seems that the compound S-allyl cysteine in aged garlic improves production of nitric oxide, which relaxes smooth muscle, dilates arteries and thus lowers blood pressure.
- Lower cholesterol levels. Obese patients who took 3600mg of aged garlic daily for six weeks had reduced LDL (“bad” cholesterol), as well as a reduced presence of C-reactive protein, which causes inflammation.
Editor’s note: There are numerous safe and natural ways to decrease your risk of blood clots including the 25-cent vitamin, the nutrient that acts as a natural blood thinner and the powerful herb that helps clear plaque. To discover these and more, click here for Hushed Up Natural Heart Cures and Common Misconceptions of Popular Heart Treatments!
- Effect of garlic on cardiovascular disorders: a review — Nutrition Journal
- Garlic and Cardiovascular Disease: A Critical Review — The Journal of Nutrition
- Aged garlic extract reduces blood pressure in hypertensives: a dose-response trial — European Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- Aged garlic extract suppresses inflammation in apolipoprotein E-knockout mice — Molecular Nutrition & Food Research
- Beneficial effects of aged garlic extract and coenzyme Q10 on vascular elasticity and endothelial function: the FAITH randomized clinical trial — Nutrition
- How Aged Garlic Extract Can Slash Heart Disease Risk — Life Extension
- Heart Disease Facts — Centers for Disease Control and Prevention