Get Easy Health Digest™ in your inbox and don’t miss a thing when you subscribe today. Plus, get the free bonus report, Mother Nature’s Tips, Tricks and Remedies for Cholesterol, Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar as my way of saying welcome to the community!
Many of us are already aware of the health dangers associated with aluminum.
The metal that’s found in everything from cosmetics to cooking utensils and drinking water to vaccines has not only been connected to a higher risk of breast cancer, it’s also been associated with an increased risk of Alzheimer’s for nearly half a century.
Now, new evidence is stacking up proving just how dangerous it is for your brain and once again illustrating the aluminum-Alzheimer’s connection.
All wrapped up in tau tangles
The study, published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease Reports, specifically found that aluminum is part of the pathogenesis (the process by which the disease develops) of Alzheimer’s.
In fact, the research team discovered that the metal is what’s known as co-located — meaning it shares a common location — with phosphorylated tau protein, which is an early initiator of the disease. This phosphorylated tau makes up those tau tangles in the neurons of the brains of people with early-onset or familial Alzheimer’s.
“The presence of these tangles is associated with neuronal cell death, and observations of aluminum in these tangles may highlight a role for aluminum in their formation,” explained lead investigator Matthew John Mold, PhD, at Keele University in the UK.
This research builds on the results of earlier studies which proved that aluminum is also co-localized with amyloid-β in brain tissue in familial Alzheimer’s.
So what does it all boil down to?
Tau and amyloid-beta are known to act in synergy to cause neurotoxicity, brain cell death and cognitive dysfunction. And aluminum may be helping to fuel the process!
Avoiding excess aluminum
If aluminum has the potential to damage the brain, avoiding it should be a high priority.
Here are a few tips to help:
- Be careful in choosing your cosmetics and personal care products – Cosmetics and personal care products like deodorants, toothpaste, eye shadow, nail polish and more are some of the worst offenders. Check labels and stick with products that are aluminum-free.
- Watch out for your cookware – Aluminum pots, pans, and dishes can result in the metal leaching into the food you eat.
- Stick with silicone or stainless steel – Cooking utensils can also lead to toxicity, so choose silicone or stainless utensils to limit your exposure.
- Avoiding storing or wrapping food in aluminum foil – Choose glass containers instead. Also, be on the lookout to avoid take-out food packaged in it.
- Drink filtered water – To banish aluminum from your water, use a reverse osmosis filter, distillation or deionization.
Other places it hides include:
- cake mix
- processed cheese
- baking soda/powder
The best way to decrease your risks is to lessen your exposure to the metal. But, according to some integrative medicine protocols, it may be possible to help the process that naturally flushes waste and toxins from the body:
- Chelation – Chelating agents like high dose vitamin C, EDTA and medical options, including deferoxamine can help remove excess heavy metals from your bloodstream.
- Herbs – Certain herbs, such as milk thistle and dandelion root, assist in detoxification to boost the amount of aluminum excreted through your urine. Cilantro has also been reported to be a natural chelator.
- Epsom salt baths – Even your skin can be a vehicle for ridding your body of heavy metals. Warm baths with Epsom salts can help encourage detox.
Editor’s note: Have you heard of EDTA chelation therapy? It was developed originally to remove lead and other contaminants, including heavy metals, from the body. Its uses now run the gamut from varicose veins to circulation. Click here to discover Chelation: Natural Miracle for Protecting Your Heart and Enhancing Your Health!
THE 3 MOST DANGEROUS DAILY SOURCES OF ALUMINUM AND THE DAMAGE IT DOES — Easy Health Options
SIGNS YOU NEED A HEAVY METAL DETOX — Easy Health Options
Eliminating Aluminum From Our Homes — Keeperofthehome.org